It's Pumpkin time! Can you tell that I love pumpkin? This year I decided to branch out and do more than just pumpkin pies. I found so many delicious sounding recipes, and started baking!
This tempting treat is from Barbara Bakes. Now, I'm sorry about the picture. It rained all weekend, so I couldn't get good light. But, trust me- this bread is moist and full of flavor! The Nutella taste is not as powerful as I expected, but it's a nice contrast to the pumpkin. This bread is great for breakfast, but would also be great warmed with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
This is also my entry in to the 12 weeks of Christmas "cookies"! It's week 5. Take a look below to see some other great treats!
Pumpkin Nutella Swirl Bread
Yields 2 Medium Loaves
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (I doubled this)
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup butter, soften
2 cups granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 16 oz can of pure pumpkin
1/2 cup Nutella
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F and spray two medium loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray, or four/five mini loaf pans (5 3/4 x 3 1/4 x 2 1/4. Don’t fill more than 2/3 full.)
2. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, spices, salt, baking soda, and baking powder and set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer cream the butter and the sugar until fluffy, about two minutes. Add eggs one at a time mixing well after each addition. Add the pumpkin and combine well.
4. Add the dry ingredients stirring until just combined.
5. Layer 1/3 of the batter into the bottom of 2 loaf pans, swirl in a couple scoops of Nutella, do another layer of batter and another layer of Nutella and top with the remaining 1/3 of the batter.
6. Bake side-by-side for about one hour or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. (Bake 35-40 minutes for the mini loaves.)
Note: Substitute 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon plus 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg and 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves for 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice.